WELCOME TO SMED ONLINE LEARNING R&D
Online Learning Environments and Learner Analytics
SMED Online is a research and development portal focusing on online course design and learner analytics. The site is hosted through the Doctoral Program in Science Mathematics Education (SMED) at Southern University in Baton Rouge Louisiana. Primary research and development (R&D) efforts focuses on:
- Developing online courses aligned to the current learning design standards,
- Researching and experimenting with innovative practices for designing and deploying Mobile Learning environments.
- Automation of learning management system environment to optimize time on task
- Implement learner analytics and the use of data to improve learning performance.
- Apply machine learning to improve online learning outcomes.
Southern University and A&M College is a comprehensive institution offering graduate, professional, and doctorate degree programs, fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).